Friday, May 1, 2009




My favorite way to sew is with nothing but a measuring tape, creating something totally unique that no other person on the planet has one exactly like. It's gets harder every year to cut out the large yardages required for these kinds of projects, so I'm reminding myself with this blog what I'm still capable of. A personal kick in the posterior to motivate myself to stretch and try new things. I did create a new design this week, but it was just a smaller version of one of my other designs to accomodate some of my more petite clients. Yes, it did require some brain power to make all the parts fit together well, but it wasn't exactly brain surgery. Elementary math at best. Not even a hint of algebra needed. I don't ever want my sewing to become mundane or ordinary, or God forbid....boring! That's the whole reason I wanted to make a living with my sewing...to STOP doing the same thing everyday. I feel very blessed to be able to wake up everyday and do what makes me happy and have people pay me for the things I create. Some days I even have time to sit down and enjoy the things I've made like these two projects pictured in this blog. I'm finding out it's hard to pursue your passion AND stop and smell the roses. Moderation and balance is a lesson I've never learned I guess. Now I just have to decide if I really want to learn the lesson. It just might be time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not very good and moderation and balance either. If you figure it out, please post about it :-). Love your 2 new projects.

    ReplyDelete