Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crabtree Falls

I've always thought waterfalls were a magical place. I know, I know it's just gravity pulling water over some rocks. At least that's what the practical side of my brain says, but the other side of my brain knows they are so much more. I know waterfalls helped me heal what was broken inside me while I was reeling from a divorce. And they absolutely helped me find the man I was supposed to be on this planet with. So, I keep being drawn to these magical places all over the planet. Whether it's Maui, Yellowstone or just someplace close to home in Appalachia, I'm drawn as if the water was magnetically charged. If I were to analyze the draw to these spiritual places, I'd have to say that they are simply a place of peace for me. A place to slow down and take stock of what's important in life, and what's not. A place to do nothing but enjoy watching the butterflies play in the mist, dancing in and out of the rainbows. A place to know that sometimes that's all you need in life for the moment, and the right person beside you.

5 comments:

  1. Waterfalls are very beautiful! This was such a nice read Rose. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderul blog adn entry. I jsut love waterfalls they are so beautiful and so relaxing!!!I am following your blog now so i can read your new blog entry's

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has the same sort of affection for waterfalls, he's crazy about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love waterfalls too Rose! I could sit and watch them for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray Sales ~

    I'm offering 20% off your entire purchase 9/3-9/7
    http://amievoltaire.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete